is my system good enough for pro tools ?

jimbo.jams

Hi there,
I run windows ten ,, i have an HP AMD A8 ,, the only info it gives in system is as follows
AMD A8 6410 APU -- AMD radeon 5 --- graphics 2.00 ghz -- 8gb ram -- 64bit x 64 bassed possessor ,, it does not give me any more info than that ,, im running pro tools ,, also would like to try some other DAW like reaper etc
thanks for help and time jim

Please don't post the same question in multiple places on the forum - best to way to get ignored.
What speed is the processor? How big and fast is your hard drive?

sorry my appologies,
unfortunately thats the only info my p.c gives , i wrote everything down as it sais in system .im going to have to phone p.c world up for that info , thats where i bought it ,
sorry again ill keep my posts to one spot

The AMD A8 6410 is a 2gHz Quad Core processor. It should run Reaper fine, and probably ProTools First as well. I don't know that you'll be running lots of CPU hungry plugins without an occasional hiccup, but it should work. 8GB of ram is plenty. I'm guessing that if its an HP laptop, its probably a 5400 rpm drive. That's probably one of the weakest points.

You might want to optimize things for audio. You don't want to have lots of other stuff running in the background. Download LatencyMonitor to see what processes might be running that could put a draw on the system.

Have a look in the control panel, you will find all the details on processor speeds and stuff in there. My guess is it will be fine, subject to track count and plugin quantity when lots of data needs to be shifted around, and that drive gets maxed out, speed wise.

Have a look in the control panel, you will find all the details on processor speeds and stuff in there. My guess is it will be fine, subject to track count and plugin quantity when lots of data needs to be shifted around, and that drive gets maxed out, speed wise.

And, OP can check the whole system with Speccy and check the audio speed with LatencyMon.

Dave.

Back