Multiple inputs for live recording

jasonwick

I have an Edirol Audio interface which enables me to record two signals at once via mics.
I love the Edirol but now want to increase the amount of live mics i can record at any one time (live recordings) What are my options?? do I have to purchase another audio interface with multiple inputs and does anyone know of any???
Also I guess Im gonna have to go 'Firewire; to handle this???

Any other tips on simple live recording??
Thanks

There are lots of good multichannel interfaces (and also some other options involving mixers with USB or Firewire outputs). How many simultaneous inputs do you need?

Firewire is pretty common for this application but there are some that use USB2 (and, of course, PCI cards if you are on a desktop).

Bob

I use a Presonus Firestudio and a Presonus Digimax FS to allow me to record up to 16 tracks at one time. I also have an ART Digital MPA which will provide another two mic inputs via Spdif to the Firestudio, allowing me to go to 18 inputs. If I need more than that (never have yet) I can run my second Firestudio into the system to provide another 8 inputs, bringing the total to 26. The max that can be done with two linked Firestudios is 52 channels, using both Firestudios to their fullest. Some of the location "stuff" that I have done recently can be found here: Richard King's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free. If your Edirol interface has Spdif out it can be run into the Firesdudio similar to how I run the ART dual preamp into mine. What model do you have?

Back