Monitor height/ M-Audio BX8A's....

chamelious

www.thesunexplodes.com
Okay, 2 questions, concerning monitor height, im assuming that the ideal height for them to sit at is exactly the same height that your ears are on?? Should they also be sitting on something thats not going to act as a conduit for bass?? I.E if they're on the desk in front of me, do i wanna get me some of those monitor pad things so i dont skimp on bass in my mixes??

Secondly, anyone have any experience with the M-Audio BX8A's?? They look pretty nice, but can't find any reviews on them...

Also, just a dumb question, will i be able to use studio monitors to listen to music whilst not in a recording capacity and for games etc? Obviously i WILL be able to do this, but is it something people normally do??

I bought the BX8's, I was needin' monitors, and they started selling for $299, and well, you know the rest.

Yes, ear level is correct. I would be more worried about your desk resonating with the speakers than losing bass. The speakers have a ton of low-mids, to my ears. Either put them on separate stands, or get the pads.No reason why you couldn't use them for general listening, that I know of.

i have owned these monitors for a while now, and i have to say they are awesome. i currently have them on my desk way above my ear level but soon enuf i will get some stands for them. i have them connected directly to my pc and my mr8hd and the sound is incredible for such small units. i recommend them to anyone looking for monitors :P

so far so good...i a/b'd the heck out of 'em...ended up coming back to the b8's...(got em for 299 too)...i think they have a fairly flat response compared to some in that price range, but (if you read enough and mix enough) you'll have to learn how their sounds translate to your typical hifi system...

regarding the height, i think the ideal height is to have the tweeters at ear level...i have them on a desk...made some homemade dampbers...2 inches of foam covered in material...brings it right up to my ear level... ;)

Back