A lot of treble in my recording?

Out of interest sixer, is that a limitation of the hardware or software?

Does it have a single shared gain knob or something?

Hm.. good question. I believe it's a hardware issue. I run cubase 5, and remember when trying to set up my I/O it would never allow me to chose input 2 as a separate input channel, only input 1, but would let me pick a stereo pair with both ins working.

I think it's hardware because I've used both an M-audio FT Ultra, as well as a 2626 and both of those allowed any I/O configuration I wanted on any/all channels. What are your thoughts on that?

I should try that again though, because I have a way better handle on Cubase these days. Ah, and that may have been on Cubase LE5, before I bought the full version.. Can't remember for sure now though :drunk:

Annoying to say the least! I recently wanted to dual mic a guitar cab, while having them both on separate channels of course, but no dice.
Other than that though, It hasn't been too much of a hindrance because I usually only record one mic at a time, and if I need to do drums, I just borrow by buddy's FT ultra.

Fair enough.

I wonder can you split the stereo track afterwards? I know protools will let me split a stereo track into dual mono after a recording.
It actually creates two new tracks beside the stereo one.
Worth a look?

Actually yes, that is possible in cubase, although I haven't attempted. The only reason I know you can, and also the only way I know to do it, is to export the track as a wav, then re-import and it has an option to "Split stereo tracks".

I'm sure it's possible without all that work, I've just never poked around for it. I bet I know right where it is though. Good call, hadn't thought of that!

Back