Live rock recording small venue, how does it sound, how can it be improved?

sbendy

I recorded this musician recently and am recording another gig they are playing at at the same venue this weekend.

Here are excerpts including from the beginning and ending of the first and last songs of the set.

The venue is carpeted, with heavy curtains on the back and side walls, the front of house speakers are at the back of the stage and therefore behind all sound sources.

The vocals and guitar were through a loop pedal which ran into the PA and a guitar amp.

I used two cardioid mics, set up in an XY at the center of the stage, about a meter from the vocalist, a bit over two from the amp and maybe three and a bit from the level of the PA speakers. The vocalist was more or less in front of the amp and both were in the center of the stage.

Here is an excerpt which includes some of the beginning and ending of the first and last songs of the set. All I have done in post is pan the two tracks hard left and right to create the stereo image and turned the output channel up to bring the peak to -1dB.

I'd like to know how it sounds and what I could do to improve upon it for this gig coming up?

Attachments

• Output 1-2.mp3
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
Back