Live Audio Vs Music Video (For Youtube)

MichaelLawLtd

I've made a new youtube video "Time After Time" which I think is a massive break through for me in terms of getting good audio. The way this video was done was by producing the audio first then syncing it to the video which was shot afterward like a music video.

My question is, how to record a "LIVE PERFORMANCE" and still get clean crisp audio? I've tried doing it a few times "LIVE" but was still not too happy with the result.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbGTvVsDSeo&feature=youtu.be

You need enough room to put space between the various sources, thoughtful aiming of speakers, good mic placement, good control of volume etc., but it can be done.

Last edited:
Besides what bouldersoundguy says, you probably also want somebody concentrating on the recording for you while you concentrate on your music...and, if you want a video with multiple angles and shots, you also need multiple cameras and camera operators.

But it CAN be done!

Get a mixer with separate USB out for each channel or an audio interface with enough inputs to do it, mic everything, then mix after you've videoed/recorded.

Back