Korg D16 song editing

vibratone

I'm trying to edit beginnings and endings on the D-16. I can't find a way to "define" the beginning and end when I record to cdr - so I get sections at the beginning with no sound - but this isn't desirable as the distance between songs becomes too long on a disc.
I've tried the in/out loc button but this doesn't seem to help. When I copy, I get the same problem.
I never had this problem with my Tascam 238.
Thanks in advance.
p.s. is there a technical support site that I don't know about for this maching? The web site is useless.

vibratone

G'day Vibratone,

I'm kind of guessing here coz I've got the D8, not the D16.
But like you mentioned, using the 'scrub' function and the 'in & out' points, you should be able to 'delete' the areas of silence in a song. (Remember to do it to all tracks on the same song if you are in multitrack mode, or only the track you deleted from will have the silence removed and everything else recorded on that track will move 'backwards' to take up its place; if you get my drift.)
... Delete is far different from erase...!

There is a bbs for D16 users if you weren't already aware of it... http://www.egroups.com/messages/KorgD16

Hope this helps,

Macca,
downunder.

Thanks, mate
I was thinking "song" when I should have been thinking "track". It automatically deleted everything outside of 'in-out loc' when I copied from virtual track 1-2 to 3-4
It was a little scary when it said "delete track 3-4 Are you sure?"
Thanks for the overseas help - I'm in Alabama,USA

vibratone

Back