Interface - £500 - 8 Mic Inputs

DeadlySurfer

Hey,

So I have the chance to get a new interface (At the moment I have none due to my Line 6 not being compatible with Win7).

Okay, so here's my list:

£500 budget roughly.
8 Mic Inputs
No fussed over instrument inputs really, maybe a line for a keyboard or something.
Good quality preamps.
Firewire.

I use Reaper at the moment, but would like to upgrade later probably. I'm a singer/songwriter type of guy, but I've got a drumkit which I want to record. I've got two mics at the moment, but I'm looking to upgrade over time probably, so you know.

Any suggestions welcome.

Hey,

So I have the chance to get a new interface (At the moment I have none due to my Line 6 not being compatible with Win7).

Okay, so here's my list:

£500 budget roughly.
8 Mic Inputs
No fussed over instrument inputs really, maybe a line for a keyboard or something.
Good quality preamps.
Firewire.

I use Reaper at the moment, but would like to upgrade later probably. I'm a singer/songwriter type of guy, but I've got a drumkit which I want to record. I've got two mics at the moment, but I'm looking to upgrade over time probably, so you know.

Any suggestions welcome.

Without a doubt in your price range the Tascam US1641 google it up and take a look.

:cool:

I really like the AD/DA in the Echo Audiofire stuff. Don't know about the pres - I have the 12 which is a converter only.

lou

I've looked at the Presonus and Focusrite before, like the look of them alot.

The Focusrite looks better visually (Which doesn't mean much, but does a bit to me) and I get the general feeling it's built better?

The Echo seems nice, but I'm not sure, I can't find many reputable retailers.

Okay,

I've looked at my options, and it seems the M-Audio ProFire 2626.

I've looked at it before, this time due to it being compared to the Pro 40.

It has a lot of ncie features, seems quality, and around £435.

Opinions?

well.. we sell more 2626's than anything.. it has great mic pres, lots of I/O, and its pretty well built.. if you have to get an interface like the one your describing I'd go with the ProFire 2626 for sure!

well.. we sell more 2626's than anything.. it has great mic pres, lots of I/O, and its pretty well built.. if you have to get an interface like the one your describing I'd go with the ProFire 2626 for sure!

I bought one when my Firepod crapped out on me a couple months back. I've logged a fair amount of recording time on it since, and so far I'm impressed. The pre's seem quite good, and the routing options are excellent.

Thinking about it, I may go for a little 2 input interface. Due to some things that have come to light in the last day or so I've realised I don't really need any more, and that I can just use the two for vocals/guitar, sampling my drum kit and making beats from that, and overdubbing stuff.

Sorry to waste your times guys :(

Back