How you deal with Heat in summers while recording - I switch off Fan but I have to AC

I'm right in the middle of tracking a new project right now, but it gets around 30 degrees where I am. If I'm tracking live mic's I have to turn everything off (AC, fans, washer/dryer which is 10 feet away from me, etc.) I'm willing to sweat a bit for a clean sounding take.
You have 2 choices ......... sweat ..... or noise on your tracks.

Maybe upgrade your cooling system on your PC.

Hey, dealing with the heat during recording can be a challenge. It's good that you're mindful of the AC noise issue. One thing you might try is placing the AC unit as far away from your recording setup as possible, using longer cables if needed. This can help reduce the noise in the recording.Also, it's always a good idea to get feedback from locals. I've been in a similar situation and found that reliable AC repair services can make a big difference in keeping things cool without compromising your recordings. I recently moved to a new area, and I am looking for feedback for AC repair Riverview FL.

Last edited:
(This thread is 4 years old)

My stooge is in an upstairs ex-entertainment room. I'm in north Texas (108F here at the house yesterday) where the a/c is cycling constantly. It's not loud per say.... but it's got to be shut off if I'm recording with an LDC mic. It can only be shut off for short periods before it gets uncomfortable up there - so I do what somebody else suggested: Prepare for making a pass or three- then shut it off and get 'er done.

I have a few different sources of noise that include heat, AC and dehumidifiers. I turn off whatever I think will cause an issue while recording and then turn back on when finished. Yeah, it's a pain but it's worth it. It's worse for the folks that have outside noise that they cannot control like cars, barking dogs, lawn mowers, etc.

I put a mini-split in. It's the best investment I've ever made. The heat pump has a dehumidify mode but I don't use it. I have a dehumidifier I bought on Amazon. It has a pump in it so the water can be sent up and over the wall to my studio's bathroom to drain.

It's the only app controlled appliance I own but I love it. Guitars are always in tune!

Edit:

This is the dehumidifier I bought. I had a Kenmore before this. I can't say enough good things about it, plus it's way less expensive to run:

Last edited:
Back