How would you get this acoustic guitar sound?

There's lots of ways to record an acoustic. First you need a guitar that makes a sound that you like. Then a well-treated recording room - again, that sounds like you want it. Then positioning mics in the right places in that room ...

That particular song has a lot of effects on the guitar. It's possible that the artist used an acoustic simulation rather than an actual acoustic. I can hear a lot of chorus and reverb. It all sounds digital to me.

I think positioning the microphone 2 feet away is a good start to achieve that kind of the "openness" of sound. You'll have to experiment on the distance and the placement for the captured tone will depend on many factors like: your room, your guitar, microphone used etc...

I can't notice anything fancy about the acoustic guitar sound here, except that it's panned more on the left. Note that there's a lot of ambiance synth going on in there, washed out cymbals sounds at the right and much reverb.

I know for a fact guitar is acoustic, not acoustic simulator. I know synths are making most of the song, but when I was listening carefully I noticed acoustic guitar (specially at the beggining of the song) has a mellower sound than most acoustic recorded. Producers usually capture the high end strumming part, but in this case I hear a lot of body and not so much strumming.

It could be an interesting sound fore some songs, but deffinitely not the way I would always record an acoustic guitar

my guess; ribbon mic about 2 foot back pointed at where the neck joins the body, played with a very soft plectrum and with a lot of reverb added! it may sound odd but, to my ears, it's the soft strumming and shed load of reverb that gives it that sound. it could easily be a LDC but the high end sounds very soft which is why i say it's probably more the way it's player rather than the way it's recorded

It sounds to me like it is double tracked, (he played it twice.) Left side is strumming to create the groove and right side is just basic chords on the downbeat. Putting the mic further away from the instrument will create a sense of distance. At several feet out you pass the "whole instrument" focal point where aiming at sound hole or frets makes no difference. The right side guitar sounds much more distant than left. Then some freaky reverb may just be the icing on the cake here.

Back