how do i remove electronics noise?

jt93

im recording with a markley pro mag (single coil acoustic pickup), but the prob is, i am getting nasty electronic high freq sound from the board (yamaha aw4416). isn't there a way to tweak those sounds out with the multi filters?

any help , ideas would be appreciated.

Oh, the dreaded single-coil buzz. The best thing to do is see if you can possibly get rid of the noise before it goes on to the recording. I'd check my environment for things that might be causing/worsening the buzz like flourescent light ballasts,electric motors such as refrigerators etc. on the circuit and the like.

Also, you might want to try recording your acoustic with a mic rather than the pickup. I have rarely heard an acoustic/pickup setup that I thought sounded better than a nicely miked guitar.

If you absoultely have to record with the pickup and can't keep the buzz down, a 60hz notch filter is probably what you are looking for.

...also,if you have a CRT computer monitor or television close by, they can cause some intense buzzing. Move away from them or turn them off while recording.

Good luck!

Back