Help please with zoom r24

BLUE SIDE

We have the ZOOM R24 recorder and hit a problem yesterday evening while recording, we have not had the unit very long and hope that this snag can be put right easily.

We had just finished recording on track 8 [1-8] and switched to the next bank of 8 [tracks 9-16], we plugged the studio microphone into input 9, but there was no response, we checked the instruction manual but could not find anything that explained this issue.

Basically how do you switch between banks from 1-8, 9-16, 17-24, etc. to continue the project, I am sure we are missing a simple operation?

Also How do you handle fader volume between banks?

Thanks in advance [hope the above makes sense]

We have the ZOOM R24 recorder and hit a problem yesterday evening while recording, we have not had the unit very long and hope that this snag can be put right easily.

We had just finished recording on track 8 [1-8] and switched to the next bank of 8 [tracks 9-16], we plugged the studio microphone into input 9, but there was no response, we checked the instruction manual but could not find anything that explained this issue.

Basically how do you switch between banks from 1-8, 9-16, 17-24, etc. to continue the project, I am sure we are missing a simple operation?

Also How do you handle fader volume between banks?

Thanks in advance [hope the above makes sense]
Did you get an answer to this? Im new, and have moved from an r8 to a r24 and have the same problem. As you say, its probably a simple answer but I cant find it.

I assume you arrmed the track (red light). You still have to set up track 9 for effects and preamp volume and slider volume....etc. Any settings you had for the previous bank (1-8) on the input / track you plugged your mic into are not applied to the same input in the next bank. As for slider position when switching banks...the R24 retains the previous volume setting (digitally) for the previous bank no matter where you have it for the new bank. If you switch back to your previous bank.........and then move the slider....that position is retained when you switch banks again.

I have an R16 which works the same as your R24. I haven't used it for recording in years. I use Reaper. The R16 is an excellent audio interface though.

Just my 2 cents.

Mick

Last edited:
Just checked, tracks 10- will allow me to set them to record. Is the problem because I already have a guitar track recorded from input 1 on track 1 for some reason, or maybe a setting ive overlooked?

Just checked, tracks 10- will allow me to set them to record. Is the problem because I already have a guitar track recorded from input 1 on track 1 for some reason, or maybe a setting ive overlooked?
Having a recorded track on track 1 will not affect the ability to record on track 9. That would defeat the entire premise of being able to have 24 tracks. Go back to track 1 and see if you can change the light to red as an experiment. You should be able to. If it's red already......change it to green. You may still have it armed.

Mick

Last edited:
Back