HELP! Adobe Audition 3.0 Recording problem

tobiastorenson

Hey,

I'm brand new to the forum, I found it while looking online for help with my problem.

I have a new Microphone, Samson USB, nothing spectacular and I record using Adobe Audition 3.0.

I usually just make songs with 4 tracks. 1. Instrumental, 2. Main vocals, 3. Doubled vocals and 4. misc.

I am really struggling trying to figure out how to setup the Audio stuff in Audition.

The instrumental track should be on Stero, correct? But which option?

The microphone should be on Mono, correct?

My stero microphone options are
(02S) SB Audigy Audio -1
(01S) Samson C01U -1 (records good on the top part of track, and has good volume - but records very little on the bottom part of track and is quiet) - they are totally uneven, I have no clue why?

My mono microphone options are
(01M) Samson C01U -1 (Records at same level no matter what - and is waaay too loud)
(02M) Samson C01U -2 (Records at same level no matter what - and it is very quiet)
(03M) SB Audigy Audio -1
(04M) SB Audigy Audio -2

I'm kind of new to recording using "fancy" means and I KNOW my stuff isn't fancy, but its a big step up for me.

Is there anybody out there who can help me? Or maybe point me in the right direction? I am thinking about re-installing my Adobe Audition in order to get the settings back to normal, in case I changed something that I shouldn't of and don't even know it. I would really appreciate any help!

Thank you so much in advance!

Back