Getting latency with Yeti USB Mic

morefit

I'm new here and greatly appreciate any advice you may have to offer. I've used the Yeti mic for one voice over so far and I love it. I am however getting the hateful latency that I had hoped not too. I simply recorded my first voice over without headphones to avoid the delay but that of course is not going to cut it in the long run. Have any of you used the Yeti and can you tell me how you hooked it up to get proper response with no delay? I'm using windows 7 and Adobe Premiere 8. Huge thanks! Morfit

The only way you can monitor a USB microphone is through software. The audio has to go through the computer and out your sound card. You could try lowering the record buffer.

The best solution is to get a proper audio interface and a non-USB mic. Any interface with hardware monitoring will avoid the problem by routing the live signal back by a shorter route just through the interface, bypassing the trip to the computer and back.

For anyone finding this via search, here's the solution:
homerecording.com/bbs/general-discussions/recording-techniques/blue-yeti-usb-headphone-delay-349374
Alternatively, you can just check out the image which helped me:
i.imgur.com/8wLU2.jpg

Back