focusrite scarlett 212 no sound (HELP) please

jimbo.jams

hi all
hope this right place sorry to be pain , strange thing just happened
I have set my audio interface up , plugged into p.c , i have used it before so the sound from p.c goes out of my interface monitors straight AWAY ? before i go to change engine ,, anyway great sound listening to the you tube training vids , anyway ive opened up a new project , went to set up as told to do , clicked on play back engine and it sais (windows audio device) so i cant uderstand there why im hearing things through my audio interfcace ,
anyway i changed this to focusrite usb asio as it sais ,,, NOW ive lost all sound over whole p.c ?? even when i change back to windows (and what is the sample rate supposed to be ,, when i first changed play back engine and went to open up project even though no sound a warning came up saying this does not support 48khz ,, never came up again only once ,,please any ideas
sorry long one jim

What DAW are you using? That might shed some light on the problem.

Indeed it might! I would also unplug the AI and Restore the computer to a time before all this happened.

THEN read the installation instructions for the 2i2 and try again, step by step.

Dave.

ok thanks got this sorted . Many thanks wont go into essay about the prob , But what i will say when i was recording today with my Pro tools first , and windows 10 ,, All was good even when i had the plug in Xpand 2 which is a multi instrument plugin , everything from synth- piano - organ- voice- so on you get my drift ? , Anyway enjoying this all sounds well nice and loud until i click on Bass guitar , no sound and the same with drums no sound , these are both options from within that plug in .Could this be my p.c ? lack of CPU maybe ,, as said plays synth and all other instruments fine ,, I will post this question elsewhere as this is just in peply section ,, many thanks Jim

Back