Fixing acoustic and noise issues

arrontapp27

Hope this is the right section. My recording environment is not very good for recording and unfortunately I can't do anything permanently to fix the acoustic issues with the room. So I can't glue anything to the wall or anything like that. So my question is, any good ideas of how to fix acoustic issues cheaply that doesn't need to be permanent and can be broken down and stored after use? My idea was to put acoustic treatment on cardboard and then place it around the object being recorded (amp, vocals, etc.) but I'm not sure how effective that would be. So if anyone has some good fixes for this that are cheap and cost effective, I'd love to hear your ideas. Thanks everyone!

Build yourself several L shaped frames of PVC pipe (the kind you can get at any plumbing supply place dirt cheap). Leave the corners loose so you can flatten them. Use big spring clamps to mount padded moving blankets on the frame. Place them mainly behind whatever you're recording and use a cardioid mic. In a really bad room, you might need another one on the opposite wall.

This isn't a substitute for real acoustic treatment but can deaden things down nicely then fold flat for storage under a bed or whatever when not in use.

Here is a plan for something like Bobbsy is referencing:
Simple Soundbooth

I use four blankets to make three walls and a ceiling. WalMart rope lights inside, for reading copy, and an iPad app to remote control my DAW, from inside the booth.
Dale

Thanks guys! Those ideas look awsome! Hopefully after I finish college ill be able to buy my own place and fix up a proper room for recording but something like this will def work for now!

Back