Fishman Aura

m98ter

I've heard rave reviews on these guys, and was wondering if anyone here has any experience with them. Seems like they might do okay as a DI for an acoustic guitar. I've always like to go direct in with my martin acoustic/fishman gold plus anyway, and I can see this maybe helping a little with the process. I've long been considering a tech 21 sansamp acoustic di for this purpose, but never got around to buying one. Thanks for any input.

My shop is one of the largest small shop dealers of Fishman, so they wanted us to try the Aura out when it came out. We all tried it, and we loaned it to a number of our regular customers. We were not impressed.

In almost every instance, we liked the sound better when it was in "Bypass."

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Light said:
My shop is one of the largest small shop dealers of Fishman, so they wanted us to try the Aura out when it came out. We all tried it, and we loaned it to a number of our regular customers. We were not impressed.

In almost every instance, we liked the sound better when it was in "Bypass."

Light

M.K. Gandhi
I agree. It's better to mic the acoustic anyway, even the electric/acoustic hybreds.

Rokket said:
I agree. It's better to mic the acoustic anyway, even the electric/acoustic hybreds.

It is better to mic in the studio, but not live. You just can not control the eviroment well enough in a live situation to use a mic. There, you must use a pickup. The Aura is suposed to help make pickups sound better, but none of the people I know who tried it liked it much. Good idea, but it just is not there. At least, not yet.

Light

M.K. Gandhi

Back