evolution midi controller

skaltpunk

im wondering if i have my evolution mk-249c midi controller hooked up and configured right. cause im getting a very noticeable delay. im using a delta 1010 for recording but to get any sound i have my midi controller set up through usb. and then under the sound settings just using the microsoft midi setting. whats the deal with the delay and how can i run through my delta 1010?

that is called LATENCY. how you solve it depends on your software you are using, and the drivers you are using. But, if you start searching on "latency" , you will have plenty of reading. Best to post this question in the forum that applies to your software, as each platform has a different way of reducing latency.

And, no, there is no need to get rid of the USB controller. I use the same controller with Sonar, and have it down to 2.9ms latency...I don't notice it.

I have mine hooked up directly to the game port of my SB Live (that I use for soundfonts). No problems with latency.

im talking about a second of latency here. veerrrry noticeable. im using sound studio II which was provided with the unit. how much is sonar?

i beleive the problem is in the way i have the playback routed. i am using the microsoft playback device under sound controls but it seems i should be using the delta 1010.

are you just driving soft-synths? What are you "playing" with the controller? Because if it is soft-synths, there doesn't need to be a playback device, other than routing it through the driver for the soundcard you are using. Play it back through the Delta1010, find where the MIDI settings are, and adjust your latency to the lowest possible value. Make sure you "profile" your soundcard. There should be something in the "help" section in SOundStudio.
Or alternately, if you still need help, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/evolution-users/messages

it seems that no matter what i do i get noticeable delay. now im not even sure why im hearing playback at all. here is my setup

i have a delta 1010 and an omni the runs my monitors. the midi is going through the 1010 and set as the midi playback device... now the delta 66 (omni) is the default sound playback device but is connected in no way physically to the omni. could this have some stake in my delay issues?

Back