eliminating fuzzy noise while recording! so fuzzy!

mistertwister

HELP. Before i even play a note on any instument there is already something the mic is picking up(or a human error on mixin board, etc. thats why im asking you). How do you eliminate this so you have a clean recording!

please help. was just about to record last night and it was so bad i wasnt even going to waste my time with such bad quality.

-if it helps i have ACID 4.0, a Yamaha Mixer (12 channel), and use a Shure Pg 58 for recording guitar, bass and keyboard. Just let me know if there is anything i can do without buying any new equipment.

Are you using a balanced microphone cable? It may be picking up noise if not. Alternately, the preamps on your mixer may be noisy, in which case there's not much you can do outside of getting a better preamp.

I'm guessing it's an MG mixer. I have one of those and it's nice and quiet. I'd guess at perhaps the soundcard, the cable (as already mentioned), or if you're trying to record the guitar, buzz caused by a computer monitor or overhead light interfering with the pickups. Although if that was the case you would have heard it coming through your amp.

Yep, sounds like electromagnetic interference (buzz, not fuzz). It can be the worst aspect of many sound cards. As mentioned, check your cables, avoid proximity to transformers, fluorescent lighting, dimmers, motors, etc..

this randomly happens to me when i use sonar.....try unplugging all the cables and replugging them in firmly....this has always work for me...there should be away to eliminate it completely but i dont know it...what i do works for me, hope it works for you

It took me a while to figure out the built in soundcard on my PC had noise on the inputs all the time, at -40dB. Just one channel, though. That cleared up when I got the US122.

Back