Editing - Computer Editing - Editing Software-Features, cost, comapat, etc.

junplugged

Taking the slow road
Editing - Computer Editing - Editing Software-Features, cost, compatability, etc.

For us non-computer recordists, we still like to edit.

Import a track or stereo tracks into what software, and edit.

Loop, cut/paste, move drum beats around, maybe add effects, then send it back to recorder/mixer to mix.

So far, Pro Tools Free lets me chop up my drum track, save and name the new chunk, and then I can paste it or move it around.

I'm wondering what we are using for this type of edit, and other edits, and how it works, what it costs, other functions available, screen shots, and whatever else....

Attachments

• scr1.jpg
    scr1.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 38
  • scr2.jpg
    scr2.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 34
  • scr3.jpg
    scr3.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
thanks for links, yes that first one is confusing. Well, at least now my pc upgrade allows me to hear the wave files clearly, no skips, etc. I'm happily practice editing my drum tracks and it's addictive. A lot of fun, like a new train set, I just edit and edit and edit, now I know what those guys are talking about when they say that the projects using PT cost more b/c they spend 4x the time editing.

Audacity is next, after some more fun w/ PT free.

Quartz Audio Master - free version
Has 16 MIDI tracks, where Audacity doesn't have any

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/SoftwareHouse/Products/Audio_Master/Freeware/freeware.phtml

Quartz AudioMaster Freeware, as its name suggests, is FREE ! It's the best way to try the Quartz Audio Family software concept. It includes the minimum, but yet powerful, features to start things for real and possibly share projects with people who own one of the Quartz AudioMaster commercial version. Quartz AudioMaster Freeware will allow you to record, edit, mix, share and deliver your productions driving a fully integrated 4 tracks digital mixer, recorder, sound and time line editor in perfect synch with a 16 tracks MIDI sequencer.

Easily record audio, in perfect sync with Midi, with any instrument or microphone or assemble already existing audio materials or music loops. Easily record Midi, as well, using a Midi keyboard or your computer keyboard and even if you are not a professional musician don't get stuck by difficult parts to perform, thanks to the genuine 'Scale filtering' feature. A tutorial will help you getting started quickly.

Then cut, copy, paste, move, repeat your audio elements and Midi elements and mix your tracks applying real-time DirectX or Quartz plug-in effects on audio.

Need to fully edit GS or XG synths, everything's there, just do it !

Want to work with remote musicians? The genuine Quartz Audio multi-track compressed file format and our virtual studios will allow you to share your projects through the internet...

When everything's finished, print your Score and/or easily and mixdown to standard stereo files using many formats including MP3 and publish it on internet !

Audio Technical Specifications :
Runs on Windows™ 95/98/ME/NT/2000
4 audio tracks
1 Audio Inputs (2 channels)
1 Audio Ouputs (2 channels)
16/24 bits / 32->44.1 Khz sample rate
2 Aux Buses
Quartz Plug-in Support
4 Quartz Plug-ins supplied
* Stereo Delay
* Chorus
* Phaser
* Reverb

Per-track fixed frequency 3 band EQ
Mixdown to stereo file
Mpeg 3 Decoder
Compressed Compiled Sequence/Track import
Mpeg 3 Encoder on option
Compressed Compiled Sequence/Track export on option
Juke Box
Video File Sync
Karaoke lyrics viewer
Spacialization display
Navigator

MIDI Technical Specifications :
16 Midi Tracks
1 Midi Input
1 Midi Outputs
48->96 ppqn
Score Editor
Piano-roll / Drum Edit
GM/GS/XG Editor
Musical Computer Keyboard

Minimum System Requirements : Minimum: Pentium 166Mhz, 32 MB RAM
Recommended: Pentium 300 MHz, 64 MB RAM
256 Colors or greater required (600 X 800); 24 bit color recommended.
Windows-compatible sound card required.
Simultaneous Playback and recording depends of sound card used.

Back