Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Do you use a pick when recording acoustic strumming

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    For what I'm usually recording yeah I prefer a pick.
    My home studio ---> www.nerolstudio.com

Thanks
    I usually record 2 tracks (pickup and mic'd) with and without a pick so I have 4 tracks to muck around with.

Thanks
    I usually use a pick when I'm recording on acoustic. Sometimes I'll do a fill on another track without a pick......it all depends on the song of course. I like the Dunlop nylon picks mostly. They're more quiet than most picks. I got used to them when I found myself breaking too many Fender and Gibson picks. As a rule I like thin / light picks.......and that's how I was always breaking them.

As an aside......my real problem with recording on acoustic is my finger tips on my pick hand. I don't pick or strum with a closed hand. My fingers are open and make too much noise much of the time. I have to force myself to play closed hand........and it doesn't feel natural for me.

Mick
    Just A Song Writer..........

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by agiledood View Post
    I usually record 2 tracks (pickup and mic'd) with and without a pick so I have 4 tracks to muck around with.
    Yeah, I do similar....my mic recording time is limited so I do as many varients as possible first off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickster View Post
    I usually use a pick when I'm recording on acoustic. Sometimes I'll do a fill on another track without a pick......it all depends on the song of course. I like the Dunlop nylon picks mostly. They're more quiet than most picks. I got used to them when I found myself breaking too many Fender and Gibson picks. As a rule I like thin / light picks.......and that's how I was always breaking them.

As an aside......my real problem with recording on acoustic is my finger tips on my pick hand. I don't pick or strum with a closed hand. My fingers are open and make too much noise much of the time. I have to force myself to play closed hand........and it doesn't feel natural for me.

Mick
    I also strum with an open hand...I've noticed more noise on recordings with a recent guitar purchase which has a very natural finish with no varnish...using a pick at the moment feels very unnatural!
    Last edited by mcmac74; 1 Week Ago at 22:07. Reason: Typo

Thread Information