Decent Cheap DI box (£50)???

Disease8

Hi just wondering if there is a good DI for recording around £50 looking at DAP active model any good?? Any alternatives? Want at least one semi decent one (not behringer) for recording acoustic guitar and bass guitar Radial are good but bit too pricey any thoughts? Thanks

I have a Tapco DB-1A. It's pretty cheap, and a decent box for my uses. I haven't compared it to anything else, but it does the job!

cool

I have a Tapco DB-1A. It's pretty cheap, and a decent box for my uses. I haven't compared it to anything else, but it does the job!

looks nice man and affordable.. What's the sound quality like for recording? I expect its good as its Tapco and they are owned by Mackie...

looks nice man and affordable.. What's the sound quality like for recording? I expect its good as its Tapco and they are owned by Mackie...

Yes, owned by Mackie, that's why i bought it as my first (and only, yet) DI box. As i said, i can't compare it to other units in sound quality, but it does the trick for me with both acoustic guitars and bass guitars. I do tend to record a mic signal together with the DI signal though, always find it a bit "sterile", if you know what i mean. Cheap plugins can't do everything. :)

But it's sturdy as hell. Rubber ends, metal chassis etc. My neighboors dog chewed on it for some time, and it still works perfectly. Now it just looks a bit odd. :D

Lol!

Yes, owned by Mackie, that's why i bought it as my first (and only, yet) DI box. As i said, i can't compare it to other units in sound quality, but it does the trick for me with both acoustic guitars and bass guitars. I do tend to record a mic signal together with the DI signal though, always find it a bit "sterile", if you know what i mean. Cheap plugins can't do everything. :)

But it's sturdy as hell. Rubber ends, metal chassis etc. My neighboors dog chewed on it for some time, and it still works perfectly. Now it just looks a bit odd. :D

HAHHA
just ordered one on the net thanks for the advice looks good and I like the features with the line or pick up switch quite unusual.... will get a really expensive one for acoustic guitar when I can afford lol

HAHHA
just ordered one on the net thanks for the advice looks good and I like the features with the line or pick up switch quite unusual.... will get a really expensive one for acoustic guitar when I can afford lol

That's what i was thinking too. Get the affordable one first to learn the gig, then waste a months salary on the decent preamp with DI, and all the other good stuff.

Good luck with it! It has always served me well. :)

Back