DAE error..please help!!!

sfcphilip

Hello folks,
I am about to throw in the towel. I am getting a DAE error -9019 and -9073. (DAE is having trouble keeping up. Your disk may be too slow or fragmented.) I have done everything possible. I have defragmented, disabled adapters, increased buffer sizes....and so on. I have a brand new Dell dimension E510 with 1 GB ram and 160GB hard drive. On my last system I had two hard drives with Pro Tools LE 7 installed on the primary and saving the session files on the secondary...and I never had these DAE errors. Is my last resort to take the secondary hard drive out of the old system and put it in the new one? I realize that I should not be saving Pro Tools files on the main system drive. However, I did not think that this would be an issue because afterall, the DELL Dimension has a 160 GB drive. It was working fine at first but now... Please help out a hopeless soldier boy here!!!

However, I did not think that this would be an issue because afterall, the DELL Dimension has a 160 GB drive.

It looks like it isn't the size that is hurting you, but the speed of the harddrive trying to read and write all that info going back and forth at the same time. For the love of Allah, put that 2nd hard drive in.

Thanks Reggie...Now, the hard part is putting in the second drive without screwing something up. Lst tiem that I did that own my own, the system tried to boot up off of the second drive. Why? i don't know. maybe I can find someone to do it for me.

I got this error too, I had never had it when I had Pro Tools 6.8.7, but when I upgraded to Pro Tools 7.1 I started to get the error. I just started tracking to my External HD (considering my main HD was a 5400RPM laptop hard drive) and it started to work perfectly, no problems after that. =]

Take care,
Adam.

Appreciate that Adam. I probably should just get an external drive rather than an internal. Therefore, I could pick up and go if I need to work somewhere else. Peace!!!

Well,
I guess I am out of the game. I had a brand new second hard drive installed. I re-installed PT LE 7.0 on the startup drive. I also did all of the system optimization that was recommended . Still, I have the same DAE error. I have no idea why this started to happen. It has to be something within the setup of the PT software. I just don't know what could have happened. I am using a Command 8, MBOX 2 Reason 3.0 with a new Dell Dimension E510. The Command 8 and the MBOX 2 are communicating with the software perfectly. It's just that when I hit play, there is a freeze followed by a DAE error -9019. Everything was working until two days ago. I only wonder if someone could have accidentally changed a setting in PT while I was not in the room. I don't want to give up but I just don't know. God Bless.

I'd contact Digidesign and let them work it out for you. It is their error and it's probably has something to do with either a plug-in the software doesn't like or a problem working with onboard sound. I can't use the onboard sound with my Lynx either but then again it may have nothing to do with it. Let Digidesign fix it, they own it.

Double check compatibility of your new hardware, too- could be that your new machine has a chip in it somwhere that Digi doesn't like.

Well, welll. Thanks to all. I ended up having to reinstall windows. After reinstalling Pro Tools, I brought up all of my old .ptf files and did a Save Copy In, including all Audio and Session plugins, on the secondary drive. I also ordered an additional 160 GB external hard drive. Now it seems that I am back in the game....for now!!!

I found this on the web.

"Make sure Energy Saver is set to Never.
2gb file limit is reached during recording to Firewire drives (possible cause).
If Auto Delay Compensation is on,turn it off to free system resources."

Hope that helps some.

Eck

Back