Cubase Mixdown Failure

Bongles Dad

Hello :)

As you can see Im a noob here so sorry if I ask the same question or something, I havent used this type of thread before except asking about something to do with the car which was pointless as nobody could help, hoping this will be different!

If there is nother thread regarding my question could you point me to it please, thanks :o

I have been using Cubase SX for some years with minimal problems and have been able to sort things with tinkering in the past but last week it stopped showing the transport bar and the Space bar stopped functioning in the program as start and stop. Then it began stuttering on certain tracks and "crashed" several times. I stopped the stuttering issue by resetting the ASIO and it was fine for a couple of days and then it stopped Audio Mixdown's. It does start the mixdowns then around 95% it has an error, the mixdown is created but it starts, then a loud click, then the wave is just one block of over the db noise which has no sound and the current project master is on +60db. If I remove a couple VSTi's it stops and I can continue with the track (even put the VSTi's back in also no problem) as if normal but it won't mix down. The MIDI mixdown seems to work but then upon opening in cubase there is no sound when I add the instruments even though the triggers are showing on the levels that sound is there.

I have installed SX on another drive and it appears to be fine creating new projects but the old tracks on import do the same and won't mixdown. Just hoping I haven't lost all the stuff since April :(

Any help much appreciated at this stage.

Sounds like you have taxed out the power of your PC. Are you recording to the same drive as your programs and OS are running from? Is your hard drive getting full?

Give details as to what your system specs are, and we can start troubleshooting. :)

What does the error say?
Try freezing all the tracks you can and then exporting.

I agree with Jimmy - probably time to upgrade your computer.

A disk De-frag might help, also make sure your buffer settings haven't accidentally been set to small. I had a similar situation once and somehow my buffers got lowered to like 64, when I normally run at 256 or 384. The system could barely run.

seriously, problem is in computers registry. clean that and give it a go. and if it doesn't work try fresh install before going to put money on new machine.
mixdown supposed to be done with a really old computers really easy, it is only super slow but can be done.

Back