Could this pair of microphones work fine for a good stereo recording?

Hombre diamante

Let me ask you a question and you can answer me.
I have two microphones: a Sennheiser e835 and a SM57. Could they work for a good stereo recording of a Drum kit ?

I appreciate your help thanks

In a well-treated, good-sounding room, you could try it. As 'stereo' you're going to get different sound from each one due to their differing frequency response.

Let me ask you a question and you can answer me.
I have two microphones: a Sennheiser e835 and a SM57. Could they work for a good stereo recording of a Drum kit ?

No - you need two microphones the same if you are doing stereo (MS excepted).

You could multi-track the drum kit, recording one or two drums at a time and then mix to "stereo", but I would not do it this way.

Back in the day, I know I sound like an old man, we used to use whatever we had. The results sometimes worked sometimes not, but the fun part was trying to get it to work. What is it nowadays with everyone afraid to try stuff out? And I am not only talking about this post.

Alan.

Back in the day, I know I sound like an old man, we used to use whatever we had. The results sometimes worked sometimes not, but the fun part was trying to get it to work. What is it nowadays with everyone afraid to try stuff out? And I am not only talking about this post.

Alan.

I not only sound like an old man, I am an old man, and like Alan, came from an era where money was scarce and gear was expensive. My first mike stand was a broom taped to a chair.

This is not a "how hard up I was" post, but an encouragement to experiment with what you have and just make things work. Problem solving skills are absolutely critical to building a reputation as a good engineer.

Back