Connecting a mixer to compressor. HELP!

Nigel39

I am having difficulty figuring out the correct way to connect the Composer Pro-XL MDX2600 with my Behringer MX802A Eurorack Mixer. I have a Y Cable that I thought would solve the problem but I still don't understand it. Another problem is where to connect instruments. I am supposing that they are inserted into thje mixer first before the signal is sent to the compressor, but I'm not sure. Any help would be geatly appreciated.

Cheers
Nigel Cuff

You have no Channel Insert Points.

You could try using the Aux Send/Return loop but that's not really the place to connect a Signal Processor such as a Compressor. Then again, given that you have no Insert Points, maybe it's your best bet.

If you plug it into the Line In on a Channel (which is what I suspect you're doing) you'll get nothing, because Line-Ins weren't designed for that purpose .

The 802a has two Aux Sends.

Aux Send 1 is PRE-EQ and I believe PRE-FADER.
Aux Send 2 is POST.....unless you unsolder its jumperconnection to make it also Pre.

Use Aux 1.....not quite the same as an insert but its the only option unless you are runninf line level signals in which case you could run them into the compressor 1st and the into the line ins of the 802.

I believe the line ins on the 802 also hit the pre-amo though.

-mike

Back