compressors use different circuitry why?

walters

The interfacing are different FET based, Opto Based, JFET based
LDR what does this do to the sound ?

What about the overtones of different compressors?

What about the Waveforms the shapes and curves and slope
are all different why? what makes them different ?

We all know that these questions are here to just annoy and upset certain people. However, lately there have been a few questions here by Walters that could easily be truned into valid and informative threads. This question for one could easily blossom into a great lesson for many who may read it.

I suggest that instead of playing the silly game, we leave the thread open for those with the knowledge to come and answer this question. This site is about learning right? Personally, I am not qualified to answer this question, but would love to see some people who were share their knowledge here:)

Basically, if you can't beat em, join em. Turn their joke into a useful contribution:)

xstatic said:
Personally, I am not qualified to answer this question, but would love to see some people who were share their knowledge here
Then why not start a thread on it?

When people take Walter's threads seriously Walters just asks more questions and the insanity continues.

xstatic said:
Well, like I said. The best way to beat that is to not come down to that level:)
I would agree if I were trying to 'beat it' but it's just a bit of harmless fun as far as I can tell.

I'm admittedly patchy on the history but surely know one can be so sensitive as to get wound up by this stuff? :confused:

Anyway I know you're just suggesting something because you think it's for the good of the BBS so i'm sorry if I'm sounding like an asshole. :o I just don't see it's that big a deal.

One or two threads isn't a big deal, thats for sure. This has become a habit for Walters now though. It just so happens that when he starts being a smart ass, buried inside his post is often a good question that could be useful if answered. Instead though, most of those threads end up in personal jokes. Oh well. In the end, I really don't care that much. If i REALLY wanted to know what the differences were, I would call someone who knows rather than listen to most around here:)

You'll miss me and my essays when they're gone wally, admit it!

An essay on different types of compressors

While many learned professors have abandoned hope of ever discovering the truth behind different types of compressors, I for one feel that it is still a worthy cause for examination. In depth analysis of different types of compressors can be an enriching experience. Given that its influence pervades our society, different types of compressors is featuring more and more in the ideals of the young and upwardly mobile. Since it was first compared to antidisestablishmentarianism much has been said concerning different types of compressors by the easily lead, many of whom blame the influence of television. At the heart of the subject are a number of key factors. I plan to examine each of these factors in detail and and asses their importance.

Social Factors

Society begins and ends with different types of compressors. Upon Peter Pinkleton-PishPosh's return to Britain he remarked 'class will refelect the inner hero' [1], he must have been referning to different types of compressors. More a melody to societies dysfunctions than a parody of the self, different types of compressors is quite good.

Did I mention how lovely different types of compressors is? Society is powered by peer pressure, one of the most powerful forces in the world. As long as peer pressure uses its power for good, different types of compressors will have its place in society.

Economic Factors

There has been a great deal of discussion in the world of economics, centred on the value of different types of compressors. Of course, different types of compressors fits perfectly into the Greek-Roman model. Taking special care to highlight the role of different types of compressors within the vast framework which this provides. Housing
Prices

different types of compressors

It is apparent from the graph that the influence of different types of compressors is strong. What is the secret to its strength? Of course housing prices world wide are driven entirely by different types of compressors. In the light of this free trade must be examined.

Political Factors

Much of the writings of historians display the conquests of the most powerful nations over less powerful ones. Comparing international relations since the end of the century can be like observing playing with a puppy and singing with a blackbird.

To quote style icon Aaron Tuigamala 'I don't believe in ghosts, but I do believe in democracy.' [2] I couldn't have put it better my self. When it comes to different types of compressors this is clearly true. Both spectacular failure and unequaled political accomplishment may be accredited to different types of compressors.

Where do we go from here? Only time will tell.
Conclusion

In summary, different types of compressors deserves all of the attention it gets. It enlightens our daily lives, applauds greatness and never hides.

The final say goes to the award winning Clint Hendrix: 'Oooh yeah different types of compressors shoo badaby dooo.' [3]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[1] Flankton - The Complete History - 1999 Fantastico Publishing

[2] Tuigamala - Captain Sir - 1844 Inevitable Publishing

[3] Weekly different types of compressors - Issue 54 - Rhino Media

Hahahahhahaa

Those essays get me every time, Willis.

I'm going through a thread and see "An essay on ___" and bust out laughing.

walters said:
I'll leave the experts to do their expert thing, but in general, since this is a dynamic process (not just in that it's changing the dynamics but that it's a moving process tracking a moving target) it's easy to expect that anything you alter about would have effects down stream no?
There's some really good info out there that gets into this, here's one to get the ball rolling..
http://www.tfpro.com/products/info/13.php?seereview=1
wayne

Hmm, timboZ, I think you might be on to something.

Run a signal into a small power amp that controlls a valve, and run it into a small chamber with a pressure transducer on the other end...

Or perhaps just a big speaker acting as a piston, driving air into a small chamber and out the other end.

Basically just a small "room" with too high of SPL's, but worked into a box with an input and an output.

Could be fun to play with and might yield some amazing sounds.

Back