cheap decent reverb/delay for vocals?

distortedrumble

all up in yo grill!
whats a good one? and also, i've read that people record the vocals plain without a reverb or delay and then go back and add it in...hows that done? replay the vocals through the r/v unit and and push the button for the reverb and/or delay where i like it?

REVERBERATING

Yo CIA fugitive:]

Most folks record vocals with reverb in the CANS as this helps the vocalist feel good. Even a bad vocalist feels good with reverb in the cans. [I know!]

But, usually, reverb on vocals is added when mixing down but it can be the same reverb that was in the cans OR it can be done several different times with several different reverbs plus delay, etc.

So, hours can elapse in the mixing process depending how the mixer likes it and how the talent likes and if the talent pays for it then the mixer will usually make the talent happy.

Happy Valentine's Day
Green Hornet
:D :p :D

alesis and lexicon? ok lol i use gear that pisses people off but sounds decent to me. behringer: B1, UB802, composer pro, HA4700 headphone amp. audiophile 24/96, sonar 2 xl i dont like any of the reverbs on sonar though..i will admit that as long as i've had it, I havent taken the time to tweak and retweak. Impatience has something to do with that. i was looking at the alesis nanoverb http://www.americanmusical.com/st/aspx/i-ALE+NANOVERB/en/item.htm

Can you define cheap?

What is the most you are willing to spend?

Lexicon MPX 110 is $199 and uses lexchip technology. Same reverb as higer cost lexicon (i.e.,MPX 550, MPX1) units but lacks the adjustability.

The Lex with a couple of Nanoverbs, much better solution IMHO. I would rather mix in a studio using 10 Midiverbs than mix using just 1 good reveb.

199 is good yeah i was looking at that lexicon. my limit is 250 or cheaper. I'm not looking for to much to start with..kinda want to start slow

I have a ZOOM RFX-300 ($50) has reverbs,echoes, and chorus...pretty basic I use with my MR-8 and I've been using DX REVERB LIGHT (Free) in my cakewalk program. It's pretty decent.

If you are concerned about quality go with the Lexicon. I probably would not impliment anything cheaper for quality studio recordings.

Actually I recommend adding delay effects AFTER recording, during editing and mixdown. I am not sure if this is possible with methods other than VST but if so get much better results using the delay plugins built into my VST software. One benefit of adding effects after tracking is one can undo a change if it doesn't work well with the mix. ;)

its going to take me about 3-15 hours of trial and error with the delay and stuff after recording but i think i can get it thanks

vesuvius...how exactly do you do that....do you mute everything and run the vocals back through the mixer and through the lexicon or is there another way?

behringer: B1, UB802, composer pro, HA4700 headphone amp. audiophile 24/96, sonar 2 xl, FL studio, samson 65a monitors. i dont have any vst plug ins though

Back