The Buzz! Ohh the BUZZ!!! Help!

SamirNaninanaje

OK i am trying to record using n-track and the onboard sound card that came with my computer. I am running line out from a keyboard amp into the microphone input on my computer, and this connection somehow causes a terrible buzzing noise that makes everything i record with this setup is unusable. My crappy little computer mic does not cause a buzz, but it has bad quality.

Does anyone know what i could do about this buzz??

Use something better. First of all, do NOT use your mic input, because you're sending a line level signal from your keyboard to a mic level input. Your computer should have a LINE IN input. That's probably you're major cause right off the bat.

Also, I have found cheap Soundblaster cards useable, but bad -- onboard is out of the question. On my old crappy computer I remember I used onboard and it caused nothing but noise and it sounded pretty horrific.

I'm not sure what you're recording, besides keys, but look into products such as this:
http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-MII-ABO--src-D0401IN0HAMS0000.html#

If you want any useable quality, get something like that...plus you can plug mics into that. Good luck.

SamirNaninanaje said:
I am running line out from a keyboard amp into the microphone input on my computer.
Ding ding ding ding! :D

Line out to line in. Mic out to mic in. Hence the names "line" and "mic" ;) :)

G.

Back