Boss br1600 help!!! Please!!!

Greykitkat36

Hey, so I recorded my band's gig over the weekend, got all the levels good. I was recording all 8 tracks at the same time (multi-track). When I booted it up at home, the recording was all there except for Track 1..it just dissapeared, and there is no light flashing there either, (every other tracks is fine and green) but I'm 100% confident I recorded that track and there should be data on it. Is there any chance of recovery for that track? Might there be a reason it's doing that? Please help, thanks.

There's a section on these forums for just Roland/Boss stuff.
Did you check to make sure you are on the correct virtual track (the one that you recorded on)? If you switch virtual tracks, then the light would not be on.

It's also showing data on track 8, but nothing is playing from it...the light is blinking green and orange (so there's data) but no levels when the fader is up. I even tried exporting that track to the comp, but it still plays nothing. Wtf.

I don't have a BR1600 so don't know if it is the same as my old BR1180, but I assume you have to assign an input to a track. Is it possible track 1 was not properly assigned? Track/channel assignment and the V-track selection would be my first guesses...If that fails, perhaps you could export the entire project (as multi track) to a CD, and load it on your computer using Reaper or what ever software you have and see what data is there.

Blinking light means when recording that track was selected but doesn't mean any data went to it. I'm guessing that somehow you did not record on track 1 what you thought you did. Sorry.

If it is possible, have the band member whose track is missing come in and dub it in. I have replaced parts from live gigs frequently to get a better sounding performance, instrument, etc. No worries!

Back