Bluetooth headphones which on cable are good enough for producing?

KleinAberFein

Hi people.
This is not another "can I monitor with Bluetooth headphones" thread, despite the fact that if now in 2020 there finally is a very low latency BT solution for monitoring you're welcome to tell me.

But I don't necessarily need BT when I produce. I'm planning to do just some EDM with a notebook, a mini midi keyboard and a USB mic, so I don't need to move around. Cable is fine.
The reason why I need that my monitoring headphone have BT, is that they will be my only pair of headphones for a long while. So I'll use them also for entertainment.
And it's many years that for entertainment I've cut all cables, and that's a no way back for me.

I don't have much if any experience with mixing, and extremely few with producing.
I'm not looking for the very best Super perfect Headphones.
I just want a pair of headphones reliable enough not to make my mixes sound like crap.
The better, the better.
(Question to the native speakers: Was there any alternative to this last sentence?)

Your help is much appreciated.

There are some low latency bluetooth options out there. Something to do with AptX. I haven't tried it so can not give an opinion.

I saw these on Amazon
Sorry! Something went wrong!

There is also a bluetooth adaptor called Jumbl that allows you to connect you wired headset to a bluetooth device like your phone. I have used this and it worked well.

As for the better, the better, I'm not sure I know how to write it differently. No worries, english speakers know what you mean and that's all that matters.

Latency in recording is one of the most common problems. We spend so much time knocking a few ms off to make it as small as possible. Then people want to use BT? Most don't consider the intended purpose critical enough to even put the latency in the specs!

If you are that skint, that you can't afford the most appropriate kit, you have to accept compromise. BT for when wireless is vital and cables when it's not. Rememember that the most expensive BT system is nearly as good as a $5 bit of cable!

Bluetooth 5.0 seems really promising with the added bandwidth. I would start at least with that for criteria as it is most likely to sound better with the extra bandwidth (at least you would hope, who knows how these companies prioritize things).

Sennhieser makes some with 5.0 tech inside. Keep in mind your pc/phone/whatever would need to have this connectivity on it or else you don't get the benefit.

5.0 is also supposed to use less energy and is also supposed to increase distance (something that drives me nuts about bluetooth in general).

Back