beginner seeking advice

poetrusician

i've got a tascam 8-track with very poor quality in the tape recorder.... and i also have a jvc dual casssette deck.... i guess my question is.... How do i get the cleanest sound out of my acoustic guitar with what i've got....\

tascam 8 track (poor quality on tape)
jvc dual cassette deck
ibanez ae series acoustic guitar
rp 100 digitech processor

i will take any advice or suggestions even if they aren't very nice
i could use some knowledge...

thanx
:confused:

poetrusician said:
a tascam 8-track with very poor quality in the tape recorder
I'm afraid nobody here will be able to help you very much unless we have a better idea of the setup you are using to record now, what you mean by 'poor quality' (tape hiss, dropouts, instruments disappearing and reappearing, etc) and any other info you think might help us diagnose your setup without actually being able to see it.

This board was set up to help people with problems like yours - please don't be concerned that we're laughing at you or that we won't be nice...

well.... the tascam is just getting old and is not in good shape. i've tried recording through a digitech rp 100 and my ibanez acoustic electric guitar and it's not very clean. i've tried to route the line into a jvc doulble cassette deck for better recording quality, but so far unsuccessful, even with a matchbox, different wirings, etc...
it has a twang in the recording... like it was done with an old hand held
and, i can't get a full sound from it...

now, i know i haven't spent a lot of money on my gear, but the guitar IS good, and i want to know if i have a chance of receiving a quality sound from what i have listed.
i run the tape through a mix and master program on the computer to be cleaned and burned, so as long as i can get a good source sound, the rest should take care of it self.

thanx again y'all

Back