Audient evo 4 vs Behringer UMC202HD - worth getting evo 4 if one already has the UMC?

chaoshead

Is it worthy for me to get the Evo4 when i have umc202hd? what you lot reckon? Im mostly doing voiceover work and streaming. no instrumental/music stuff.

I think it might be hard to tell a significant change in the audio between the two interfaces, especially if you are doing just voice and streaming work. Streaming work in particular limits the ultimate quality of the audio. Unless your recording area is extremely controlled and quiet, it will probably mask the minimal (if any) quality differences.

There might be some other considerations, such as the auto gaining feature of the Evo. If you are doing podcasting, it might help even out things if you have multiple people talking, somewhat like the limiters/compressors that are used in radio to make sure announcers are always loud enough but without overloading the signal.

Is it worthy for me to get the Evo4 when i have umc202hd? what you lot reckon? Im mostly doing voiceover work and streaming. no instrumental/music stuff.
Extremely unlikely you would hear a difference, as [MENTION=89013]TalismanRich[/MENTION] says. You don't say what your entire chain is, your recording environment, mix/mastering steps are, but as another recent thread here (and ones like it everywhere) suggests, the preamp/interface part of the chain is probably down at the bottom of places to start poking around for improvements (assuming you've got anything recent, 24-bit capable, like that Behri). Now, in a great studio, with a great mic, pro recording/mixing/mastering engineers all lined up, well, sure, I'd probably stick something better in there.

Back