Anyone have logic express/pro here?

panoramical

I recently purchased a Mac Mini to get my Home Recording Studio running and I bought Logic Express 7 also. I am however having trouble with this. What I want to do is just get the keyboard up on the screen by pressing Caps Lock, and then play the keys on my computer keyboard to make a sound. However, no sound is coming out. I try recording something, and the notes appear, but nothing plays back. Also, it says No Output in the bar at the bottom. However, iTunes is working correctly, and I can record a real instrument and it plays back fine. Can somebody give me details on how to solve my problem?

in the arrange window, click and hold down where it says no output. a menu should come up. select audio/audio instrument/audio instrument 1. in the bottom left hand corner should be your audio instrument. click and hold on each of the buttons, not sure which one, as i have logic pro 6. in 6 the instrument button is under the i/o label. choose one of logics built in instruments, or if you have some, an au. make sure the output button is set to output 1-2, or whatever outputs you are using. don't know much about the caps lock keyboard.

Attachments

• instrument.jpg
    instrument.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 33
Back