AKG C1000s mount to mic stand...

Resoman

Where can I find a clip that will allow me to mount my C1000s to a mic stand? All the clips I see advertised are too small. The cheap plastic one that came with the mic failed, and the AKG SA 63 that I bought to replace it is threaded for some other type of mic stand, and I've returned it. Actually, I want to use the C1000s onstage, or I'd be looking for some kind of shock mount.
Thanks in advance,
Gary
Iowa City

...the AKG SA 63 that I bought to replace it is threaded for some other type of mic stand, and I've returned it.

Did you not take the thread adapter out of the SA 63? That would have made it fit a standard mic stand and solved your problem right there.

I thought that the SA 63 had an adapter but I put a lot of muscle (by my standards) on it and it wouldn't budge. I assumed it was pressed in somehow. I guess I'll try again.
Thanks, Bouldersoundguy!

Some AKG adaptors have a collar that looks like part of the holder but screws out, there is also the adaptors that fit inside the larger threads and disappear inside and are tricky to get out.

Cheers
Alan.

I have found sound AKG stand adaptors sometimes have thread adaptors that are very hard to get out even with the usual coin trick. In this case I've usually managed by finding a very large slot head screwdriver--that's always got there eventually.

Back