AKG 220 and Tascam US-122L crackling and fizzing out

RhythmAndPoetry

So i have an AKG perception 220 overhead in a booth with a tascam us-122L usb audio interface. Had both for a month or two short of a year with very sparing use for different issues with audacity as software and have finally fixed all latency and sound card clock issues.

Now the problem i hear crackling these days and worse now the recording eventually about a minute in or so starts sounding more "electric". Fizzing out until it gives out completely and stops working. I have to replug the interface and it immediately works again in the same manner.

I had for a couple days left the mic in the booth which is in my basement while it had been very hot here. Ive read in the mics manual that applying a damp paper towel would help and tried that. I read that it might also be humidity and heat so Ive tried cooling it and putting it under a light for a couple minutes each. Both have seemed to only prolong how long it lasts or not affected it at all.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if they've had similar problems or have any possible solutions. Does the fact that it works upon replugging mean that it must be the interface and if so what can I do to fix it? Thanks in advance.

(Ive been trying for a very long time to get everything right with this booth and every time i fix something or buy something another problem arises. This seems to be the most recent issue after many latency, soundcard, computer, purchasing, etc issues. So I would really appreciate any help.)

Back