Aesthetically appealing editing program?

RSM1000

I currently use Cakewalk Home studio.

Right now my projects are simpler, so my question is this.

In home studio, there is alot of upper button options and the usually track rows with audio files and on the right each track information.

I really only use the record, play buttons and the track rows. So what program look cool to you guys? I just wanna use one that has a hip look you know. I saw one that used darker colors?

If you can post screenshots that'd be nice - I'm familiar with all the cakewalk stuff and all.

Just curious, thanks!

Why would you recomend Logic if all he needs is basic functions? Logic is no longer going to be supported on PC (MAC only) and it has the most convoluted interface of them all.

You can change the color schemes for any windows program if you just want it to look cool. Most DAW's allow you to change the colors for wav displays and other tools.

I agree that Logic has a huge learning curve, but it's my favorite, and in my opinion still looks the best.

i just got logic last week, and man, am i gonna need some help!

so i second that logic users forum idea. although i guess you could go to osxaudio.com.

still, i think i'll need some idiot level questions answered. pretty hard to find anything in an 800 page manual with an 8 page index!

The coolest GUI out there is the Vegas interface.

Clean and uncluttered. Plus it is laid out so logically the users manual is a pamphlet! No MIDI, but you can still use CW for that.

logic definitely is the best looking, but if you have a lot of tracks, sonar's pretty good looking too. Protools, or at least the LE for windows version, is nasty. Everything looks good on a mac with os x though

Back