Zoom R16 problem: tracks not saving on SD card, but protected in project

str8sounds

I'm getting ready to package up the Zoom R16 multitrack recorder and return it to Guitar Center. Here's why....

Although I was able to successfully upload WAV files from it to my computer for one project, that's as far as I've been able to go.

My second project is not getting saved to the SD card, even though the Project is protected and available to listen to on the Zoom R16. I just can't seem to load the WAV files to the formatted SD card, nor can I find the files when using the USB cord to connect the R16 directly to my computer. When you turn off the Zoom R16, that's supposed to save the track WAV files to the SD card. Seems a silly way to do it. You'd think there would be a Save Track Files button or menu option.

This dysfunctionality makes the Zoom R16 entirely worthless.

I thought maybe I had to record a Master track from my separate tracks, in order to force the track WAV files to be saved on the SD card. Did not work.

I'm using a Lenovo PC, with Windows 10.

Since I've had great success recording my music through powered speakers and onto my Zoom H2n recorder, that's how I will have to record again, with no ability to record separate tracks or redo a track. A small inconvenience, but a definite limitation.

Thanks in advance for your advice on this insurmountable problem that I'm experiencing!

Back