Zoom g5n effects pedal driver problems

I'm not sure but all of the sudden (cubase elements 10- windows10 pro) the driver in my zoom g5n multi effects pedal doesn't work..Sometimes it will playback a project in my daw but it will not have any input from the pedal to the daw.Also when loading up the Daw from the beginning i get a warning saying that "the hardware (zoom g5n pedal)using this driver has been removed from this computer".But in the devices menu in Windows it clearly shows the g5n as a recognized device... I contacted zoom and cubase steinberg and they don't know..that's why I'm asking here...any suggestions?

Uninstall the drivers. Make sure you delete the folders they are in, too. Then re-download and install.
I did that over and over even as administrator.Asio4all doesn't solve it either , causes buzzing and popping.I reinstalled cubase elements 10.It could be something in the daw because the popup showing "hardware using this driver has been removed" shows up every now and then, but when it does work (the driver) it won't have any input from the g5n pedal just output..

You could try to get the PC to re-establish a new connection with the pedal by removing what it thinks is there using this linked utility.... USBDeview v2.80 . Deleting a connection and starting over has fixed a few problems for me in the past.
Right click the USB device to open the menu.

usbdeview.jpg

The pedal does have a means to do a factory initialize to reset all settings if you get desperate and nothing is found on the PC end of troubleshooting. Save any patches first.

It a possibility, but not likely. Though I have experienced even more horrible things with some motherboards that did not make any sense.

Obvious and possibly redundant question, are you plugging or unplugging the stuff after starting computer or Widows?

All should be in before startup.

It a possibility, but not likely. Though I have experienced even more horrible things with some motherboards that did not make any sense.

Obvious and possibly redundant question, are you plugging or unplugging the stuff after starting computer or Widows?

Yes i hooked up zommg5n before turning on computer.

here's some images...20190916_135649.jpg20190916_135612.jpg20190916_135508.jpg20190916_135443.jpg20190916_135426.jpg

Here's something..i tried it out on another computer in abelton live lite and it worked..that in theory means that it's something between the original new computer and cubase and other daws...they somehow can recognize the zoom g5n pedal but the popup still shows up saying "audio hardware using selected asio driver has been removed from the computer"...but when looking in the computer device settings it's there and "working properly"...in the cubase daw everything in the devices or studio pane shows the g5n there inputted and outputted (loaded up)but i still get that popup and there no sound no level indicators moving...

If you haven't already: Remove the installed driver from the computer. Download the driver for the Zoom from their website that is appropriate for the OS you are running it on.

Install it and try again. If it doesn't work, then you have other issues that need addressing...

If you haven't already: Remove the installied driver from the computer. Download the driver for the Zoom from their website that is appropriate for the OS you are running it on.

Install it and try again. If it doesn't work, then you have other issues that need addressing...
I tried all those things..what i was hoping was that someone would show me where the pop-up window that says"the audio hardware that uses this asio driver has been removed from this computer" is...If i could delete then reload the daw it would recreate a new file...it works with some xml. etc. When you put an x in front of the folders name sometimes creates a cure...i use windows 10 pro-file explorer but cannot find where that pop-up comes from

I have avoided Windows 10 like the plague. Wife has it on her PC and it scares me how different and inefficient for me as Windows 7 is....

Sorry, no help there.

Back