Yamaha EMX66M Trouble - audio cut out

chris.b

Hello,

I am having trouble with my emx66m power mixer. The other week while using the system to play music from my phone the audio cut out, then a couple of seconds later came back on. This repeated itself every few seconds.
I left it. More recently I turned it on and tried it out to inspect the issue further. The audio clonks out with an audible click coming from the mixer. It clicks again and the audio starts again.

I have replaced the AUX in cable/switched things around but haven't had any luck.

Has anyone got any recommendations? All appreciated and thank you in advance.

Hello,

I am having trouble with my emx66m power mixer. The other week while using the system to play music from my phone the audio cut out, then a couple of seconds later came back on. This repeated itself every few seconds.
I left it. More recently I turned it on and tried it out to inspect the issue further. The audio clonks out with an audible click coming from the mixer. It clicks again and the audio starts again.

I have replaced the AUX in cable/switched things around but haven't had any luck.

Has anyone got any recommendations? All appreciated and thank you in advance.

I don't know the mixer but Google shows it has a fan. Check that is running and check the mixer is not full of crap!

A build up of dust can cause heat sensors to cut the signal. Other than that you will need a technician to fix it.

Dave.

I don't know the mixer but Google shows it has a fan. Check that is running and check the mixer is not full of crap!

A build up of dust can cause heat sensors to cut the signal. Other than that you will need a technician to fix it.

Dave.

Ok Dave, Will have a look. Thanks for your help

Hello Dave/anyone else,

I havent had time to look at it until today, but the fan is clear and running fine. There also doesnt seem to be any sort of dust or any other residue.

I did just realise though however, because the amp is a two phases, if it is on main/mon setting, the top phaser works up until any volume, but as soon as you turn the bottom up to any sort of level, it starts cutting out again. Is this an over power output issue? For the time being this is fine as I can power two speakers through the top phaser, but no more.

Once again, appreciate any help in advance.

Chris

Back