XLR to mixer to Ps4

Audoi

Hi defo a noob but maby this is the right place to post this.
I have a Xlr Rode PodMic pluged into a GoXlr mixer plugged into a Ps4 via 3.5aux and optical. Im trying to get sound pretty clear and not to pic up so much fan noises (when i speak).
So when i have my gate set at 16 and up it starts getting choppy when i talk so i find 8 or 10 works best for now. iv tryed both a dynamic mic and condencer (at2020) and felt the at2020 picked up a lil more.
I bought these for concole thinking id be able to get great quality comparid to most ps4 mics, witch there is a difference but the back round noises are the problem i guess. And works well for shouting or when i raise my voice so no ones ears bleed lol and once im not talking its quiet but sometimes little noises like putting down a bottle or clicking of the keys on the keyboard can activate the mic for a second making a quick 'CSHHHH' sound from the fans mainly.
i could prob upload a sample if possible at different gates so u can really hear what im hearing.
but i guess im looking for anyone with the same or know a setting to help with this
Cheers

Back