xenyx 1204 help?

mcvanagon88

I just received the XENYX 1204usb recording package (MS16 monitors, xenyx 1204 usb interface/mixer, c-1 condenser mic) as a gift but I am completely new to recording. I have a pc with windows 7 that I am using but I cannot get the input to function with the software included (energyXT). Output seems to be working. I can play a song from iTunes, through the usb to the interface and out the monitors just fine, though the demo track from energyXT is all crackly for a reason I don't understand yet. I have the system set up as it shows in the diagram behringer includes (and yes, phantom power is on) but I cannot figure out what the next step is to get the system to pick the audio input. I've tried to experiment some (increasing the gain, different channels, increasing the input level) but nothing has worked. I'm stuck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

i had that problem using a cheap usb microphone once where it was crackling and i messed with the buffer size and it fixed it idk if thats what i did to fix it or if it just fixed itself but it stopped

Back