xenyx 1002 fx send - what does it do and can i use it for external effects?

Wynarc

i have a specific question/questions about this mixer, and i need a little help. its the xenyx 1002

i use it when ime playing bass. ive got my bass input on the 3 channel and my drum machine on the cd in/ rca channel. i can play bass and have a drum track playing and that works fine.

i want some reverb on the drums only so:

i tried to use a virtualizer on the fx send and then back into the mixer because i wanted some reverb on the drums and it didnt work just got a nasty feedback squeel.

it IS possible to put the drum directly into the virtualizer(mono only) and then from there to the mixer, but i wanted to use the virtualizer as an external effects unit.

i found out that if i put it through the phones jack, then i god sound from the effect.

so what the heck does the fx send jack do and can i use it for external effects?

https://www.parts-express.com/pedocs/manuals/248-576-behringer-xenyx-802-manual-43379.pdf

thanks

The way you can do it is like this:

1 Connect drum machine to any of the stereo channels (5/6, 7/8 or 9/10).

2 Connect a lead from the Xenyx FX send output to the Virtualizer.

3 Connect a lead from the output of the virtualizer to any remaing free channel on the Xenyx.

The FX knob on the channel you have the drum machine in sets the level of signal to go to the virtualizer. The FX send knob under the phantom power switch is the master volume for this. In the Virtualizer you will have to adjust the reverb setting so that you only get wet coming back.

The fader on the channel you have the virtualizer plugged into controls the amount of reverb coming back.

Plugging the drum machine into the RCA inputs is ok, but you cannot apply FX to this.

Alternatively, you can do your other option, i.e. plug drum machine into virtualizer, then plug virtualizer into one of the Xenyx channels. In this case, you would have to adjust the reverb setting in the virtualizer to get a desired balance of wet and dry.

worked first time, thanks again! and for the heads up on the rca. i used an insert from the drum machine to the 5/6 channel

and as a bonus my reverse reverb suddenly works - weird.......:guitar:

need to try that om my guitar..

theres a switch beside the fx pot and i f its down i get more of the signal( reverb) but its still there if i release it. whats its function?

theres a switch beside the fx pot and i f its down i get more of the signal( reverb) but its still there if i release it. whats its function?
Are you referring the button that has +4 and -10 under it?

That just sends a different level of signal to the FX send. Some external units need a different level input. You should be fine with the Virtualizer if you have it on +4

had a 1202 but did not use f/x

behringer.com should have info on how to use the f/x send

Behringer manuals make an assumption the owner of the piece of gear knows how to use it, therefore they include nothing particularly useful in the manual other than naming knobs, inputs, and outputs. If one needs to know how to use a Behringer product, one needs to download a Mackie or Yamaha manual for the similar (cloned/copied) piece of gear. Behringer is generally remiss in including the essential block diagram in their mixer manuals.
Having said all this, I do own a bunch of cheap Behringer crap :D

Behringer manuals make an assumption the owner of the piece of gear knows how to use it, therefore they include nothing particularly useful in the manual other than naming knobs, inputs, and outputs. If one needs to know how to use a Behringer product, one needs to download a Mackie or Yamaha manual for the similar (cloned/copied) piece of gear. Behringer is generally remiss in including the essential block diagram in their mixer manuals.
Having said all this, I do own a bunch of cheap Behringer crap :D

true

also true

still true

ditto

i merely note the manual claims that their website does have more info
i do recall pasting up a large diagram of the 1202 wiring for my previous church

Back