Why does the audio in this music video sound different than the album?

Keneth

Hello. I have some music and recording experience, a little mixing experience, and no mastering experience. I heard these and wondered why they sound different?

Killswitch Engage, The End of Heartache

watch?v=JiDnB-CrrNs

watch?v=UeqiT0dg6Xk&list=PLfFlbhXIcOL6kuO5PVrdIyq3S-XJjvoG0&index=7

Last edited:
I gave a specific example of what I've heard in general between video audio tracks and commercial album tracks. For example Nickleback during the end credits of Spider-Man. It sounded very different in its ambience than the album track. Similar with the tracks in The Punisher. The Killswitch Engage video sounds like a different kind of space. Smoothly carved figures, pulsing out as each voices itself.

Hello. I have some music and recording experience, a little mixing experience, and no mastering experience. I heard these and wondered why they sound different?

Killswitch Engage, The End of Heartache

YouTube (label video)

YouTube (vid from playlist)
The first one was released by the record company, which quite possibly (likely?) would have done a separate master (if not mix/master) for a YouTube video. Who knows what the original audio in the second went through, or what it started as. CD track ripped at what quality? MP3 download? MP3 skimmed off of another video?

P.S. Make sure you have both videos showing in HD. YouTube does its own audio compression, too.

I would also imagine that the movie mix is much more compressed and mixed for the movie and as an album released as a music mix.

I could understand why they would be different. Different purposes.

Back