What would be better for me?

What would be better? Hmmmmmm...... Well, let me tell ya Notdotnet. There's the door. You better leave.

Actually, nutdotnet, I'd like to hear a response to your question. In particular, what are some alternative mixers in the same price range as the Behringer 602A/802A. Perhaps someone in the know can shed a little light.

Yes, I would love to hear a response to :)

From what I have seen, I haven't found a mixer from another company in the same price range as the small Behringers.

I would still like to know what hixmix's post meant. It absolutely makes NO sense to me.

Hix,as I told you in another post, do you really think you are helping someone with these crazy ass answers?....Every now and then a question is asked in such a way that it deserves a stupid answer...this wasnt one of them....

Yo Nut, wassup....Definitely the PreSonus out of those choices....The Behringer's are definitely the bastard stepchild of mixers here...and with good cause....they arent all that great...but for the price, they do a halfway decent job for what you are doing, but they'll soon leave you looking for answers to "why can't I get my vocal tracks to sit right in a mix?" and "something is missing from my vocal tracks?"....believe me, I know because my vocal tracks are missing it....reason? I dont have a good preamp right now...youll probably hate me for saying it, but Id get the Art Tube pre if you only need one channel right now....

What Im really glad to see is that you are hanging around and asking alot of questions and not just chunking money around.....

And Hix, get back in the Cave where you belong.....

Hehe, sup Gidge!

Yeah, I am slowly learning about this stuff, but I am sure having a hard time with vocals. Everytime I try to record it always sounds "lifeless" ya know. Like if I record some guitar, some bass, and then some vocals they just don't "mix" very well.

The reason why I asked about the Behringer was because it does have more "options" than the Presonus, more features I guess.....

I already bought the Presonus a week ago, and it is nice, but just due to inexperiance and probably using the SBLive! it doesn't sound very good.

Then again, when I messed around with the "omni-studio" (Delta 66 and Omni I/O Mic Pre) my recordings still sounded pretty lifeless...

ps, if you have to have a mixer and you have to spend that much, Behringer is your dude....but like I said it will leave you asking questions later....

In Nut's case, he only has one mic right now...maybe down the road he'll have need for a mixer, but right now, he'll be better off with a dedicated preamp (my opinion only)....

If you need a few channels all at once, a mixer is the way to go.....

Now, Im a big cheapskate myself, but the way to go is to buy something that will solve the problem at hand and not add to it.....

Go to www.soundpro.com and click on clearance....Spirit F1 mixer for $279...now thats a MIXER....

I agree with ya Gidge.

I like the Blue Tube a lot. Works great.

Would you know any place online that has some "tutorials" or something like that to help me learn more about recording, because I am getting quite frustrated with it sounding so stinking "lifeless". I know that I shouldn't expect much, but I have heard things done with a worse setup than mine and it sounds ten times better.

www.artistpro.com

free to sign up and a bunch of free courses....

I think with time and patience you'll pull of some good tracks because you have the desire to learn and arent afraid to ask questions.....If I were you, Id play around with that PreSonorus a bit learning to set it right...then take a crack at a song, mix it , and post a MP3...you'll get alot of answers when these guys can hear what you are doing....

As for lifeless, try to ignore that you are recording and just let yourself go...I used to try and play so clean and so perfect when I first started and still do to an extent and now Im just trying to let the music have some expression and some personality without worrying about getting each note perfect....

And now that you have that Blue Tube, dont let me hear you say the B-word (Behringer) again...

haha, thanks!

Well maybe "lifeless" was not the correct word. Meaning that I do my best to put my own "soul" into what I sing and play, but when I listen to it it just sounds "lifeless". Doesn't make me feel anything.

Lifeless.... hmmm.... sounds like a band name i know.... oh yeah, mine. Good choice on the blue tube. Behringers suck (I know, i have one (1604A) and am now feeling a massive need to upgrade)

Jake

Back