What songs are the best to remix for beginners?

Un Garson

i am a beginner in music production as well as in music theory and i want to know if there is an order of the songs that are the best for beginners to remix? Where the first song is the easiest one to remix and the last one is the hardest, so i can improve my skill in music production by practicing

you don't really need to know theory, just use your gut feeling, trust yourself, feel the force....

you want well recorded tracks ideally, the worst thing yha can do is start out producing stuff that's badly played out of time and out of tune, unless you just love editing.

Cambridge has some nice stuff to mess with and most of it has *some* sort of issues to get past. Telefunken Labs also... Only those can get you spoiled right quick.

Mostly. But you need some theory. Those who have no theory at all (counting for start) can't create anything. It makes you easier for instance if you know some theory about the structure of a song and the roles of certain instruments within a song. And that basic theory doesn't have to come out off books but can be autodidactic.

At the other hand with lot's off theory but without gut feeling and trust you won create anything either.
I would divide it into basic theory and lots off gut feel. :listeningmusic:

I've got grade 8 music theory... it's useless.

I learnt it to unlearn it, I can analyse most music, the main problem I have is getting other people to understand me, the only guys interested in it are jazz musicians or teachers.

Back