This is what I got, what else do I need or what needs to be replaced.

Nativikee

Whats up people, I'm curently buidling my studio which should have already been finished. I bought alot of wrong equipment and everything else. So I basically starting over, The studio mostly gonna be for rapping and a little singing. And Im hoping it will be finished by march or in march.

1.sony computer pc- I aint gonna use that computer Im getting a new one in march, when I get my income check. I thought about emachine media center pc, is that good or would it be decent.
2.alessis mixer with built in vocal processer- Not sure what kind
3.Jvc receiver- Do I even need one is there something else I can get instead.
4.Home stereo speakers- I already know going back next month to buy moniters.
5.cheap wal mart brand mic and a wireless- Im going back soon to buy another mic soon too, just dont know what kind.
6-Cheap walmart headphones- going back to buy some more soon.
7-keyboard-getting one for christmas
8 sound blaster sound card and interface- I already know, gonna get a new one when I get a chance.
9.software-cool edit, cubases, pcdj red,fruity loops, and wave lab.
10.Is there any equipment or software I can get to make sound effects with.

What do you mean by "sound effects"? Do you mean things like reverb and distortion to apply to tracks you record? If so, a selection will be built in to your sequencer, and many more are available, free and for $ from various places, in a variety of formats.

Or, do you mean like "I'm a foley artist for a film, and I need to make sounds a space ship would make" effects? In that case, you're probably looking at learning to use synthesizers REALLY well. You'll also have availability to software synths through your sequencers.

Whichever you meant, I recommend searching the database on kvraudio.com for links to freebies, and for a starting reference to music software for sale.

Nativikee said:
Whats up people, I'm curently buidling my studio which should have already been finished. I bought alot of wrong equipment and everything else. So I basically starting over, The studio mostly gonna be for rapping and a little singing. And Im hoping it will be finished by march or in march.

1.sony computer pc- I aint gonna use that computer Im getting a new one in march, when I get my income check. I thought about emachine media center pc, is that good or would it be decent.
2.alessis mixer with built in vocal processer- Not sure what kind
3.Jvc receiver- Do I even need one is there something else I can get instead.
4.Home stereo speakers- I already know going back next month to buy moniters.
5.cheap wal mart brand mic and a wireless- Im going back soon to buy another mic soon too, just dont know what kind.
6-Cheap walmart headphones- going back to buy some more soon.
7-keyboard-getting one for christmas
8 sound blaster sound card and interface- I already know, gonna get a new one when I get a chance.
10.Is there any equipment or software I can get to make sound effects with.

Poor guy'll get thrown to the dogs.

thane1200 said:
Poor guy'll get thrown to the dogs.
Only if the software is cracked. :confused:

If you have all that software you have plenty of cool effects. As for the rest, you have a nice lil system. A better mic and soundcard might be good up the road, but if you cant make music with what you already have, spending more money isnt gonna help much.

You need a lot. I don't know much about sound cards (I use a Mac), but you will need an interface to get your vocals (and any instruments) into the computer unless the sound card has that.

You need better mics. There are tons of 'em to choose from.

You need some monitors and some decent headphones.

There's no way I can list brand names and all. I would buy from a MUSIC store, not a Wal-Mart. Ask for help. Get an employee to at least help assist you. Sure, they can be full of shit sometimes and are looking to push certain brands, but try and get some info from them. Read these forums for more info on mics, monitors, headphones, interfaces.

LfO-yeah for sound effects like a space ship or something.
DavidK- yeah im still learning about the software too but im pretty much getting it down, Im just having a computer situation right now.
Sirnothingness- well the sound b;aster I bought came with a sound card and an interface and fruity loops and cubases, Ive just learned from the sight sound blaster aint too good. Mics Im gonna get them soon and my monitors gonna get soon. Ill probably get them out of musicians friends. I bought alot of wrong equipment, now its like im rebuilding it. But i quess the set up I got will work until I start too learn alot more about the stuff .

Nativikee said:
That's awfully nice software for someone who's just starting out and needs to wait for their income check to buy more gear.

Why did you decide to put so much ching into software and go with a WalMart mic?

ssscientist said:
That's awfully nice software for someone who's just starting out and needs to wait for their income check to buy more gear.

Why did you decide to put so much ching into software and go with a WalMart mic?

My income check is just to get a new computer. Every thing else I should have by february. And the mic question. I just bought that mic when I got my mixer and receiver. That way I can kind of get the idea and start learning. But it really didint do any good because this computer keeps acting up, so pretty much when I get my computer Ill have everything and it will be ready too hook up. Ill probably get a condencer mic, but I aint sure yet. I just now got back from pricing them, but the places I went too were out of them,

QUICK QUESTION. I was wondering. Aint none of my software cracked, well i got one thats cracked but i dont use it, but what is the difference in cracked and non cracked software. It might be good for future references.

Nativikee said:
QUICK QUESTION. I was wondering. Aint none of my software cracked, well i got one thats cracked but i dont use it, but what is the difference in cracked and non cracked software. It might be good for future references.

Basically, cracked software wont get you any friends around here. Also, cracked might have a lot of problems.

Back