Weird errant clicking noises while trying to do midi

Status
Not open for further replies.

clntgn

I figured this was probably a pretty newbie-ish question with a fairly simple answer, so I figured I'd ask here.

So, I have a boss gs-10 as my midi interface (I have a new hosa one coming in the mail). The boss is hooked to my powermac g4, which is running Digital Performer 5 and Reason simultaneously (reason is acting as the synth hooked up to DP5). Then I have a microkorg as my controller.

Now, I've been able to have this working fine before. I know I have because it was working fine until just yesterday when something awful started to happen. Every time I play a note on my controller, the sound coming back to me has this click or pop with it. And as long as I keep holding down the note, the click keeps going, and almost perfectly in time, much like a metronome (I KNOW its not the metronome. At least I'm sure of that much).

I thought maybe my interface had been working too long or something, so I turned it off for a day, along with the rest of my gear. I even unplugged everything and replugged it in. Nothing has worked that I've tried, so I'm open to any suggestions someone might have.

After a little more screwing around, I decided to just play with the instruments in reason by itself without having dp5 open. There's no clicking when I do it this way (although any time I try to play one particular sample, the software craps out on me and tells me my computer is too slow etc. I just find it strange since that particular patch was working fine earlier this week). I assume because reason mostly plays fine by itself, it must have something to do with ReWire, if that helps any.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back