Waves plugins

sausy1981

Hi all, I'm not a newbie as such but this is kinda generic question so I'm posting it here, Currently I use the Boss br800 as an interface into sonar x1 producer, the plugins in sonar are decent, I like the sonitus reverb, delay and equaliser, but I've been thinkin of buying some waves plugins and was wondering which ones to get, I was gonna buy them separately and not in a bundle cos I want to get the best one for each purpose, So thats my question, what waves plugins are the best For the following list. Also If I have the budget I might get some waves mastering plugs.
Compressor
reverb
delay
eq
drums
guitar (acc+elec)
bass
and most importantly Vocals.

Thanks Guys.

There are so many different plugins to choose from with Waves and they all have different flavors. One of my favorite bundles is the Renaissance Maxx bundle, they have a warm tube sound. They have the Rcomp, Rverb, Req, Rvox, Raxx, Rchannel strip, RdeEsser, tune LT, and Rbass. They will all work for what you listed, and it is on sale at the Waves website for $262.50. If you want mastering plugins, the Waves masters bundle is awesome and I use it on every master I do; that is $525. Check them both out.

I've heard good things about Waves from a lot of HR members - can you download some free demos to try them out?

Waves platium is the only set of plugs I own.

biiig +1 for rverb and req at very very least.
rbass and r vox can be sweet too.

You can indeed try before you buy but I wouldn't recommend downloading a platinum/gold bundle.
You'll get lost in sea of choices and not really get to know any of the plugs. Better to be realistic.

thanks guys, demo'd the renaissance bundle and looks like I might just go for that, but I've also heard that the c1 compressor is a good clean compressor that doesnt colour the sound, is this true. Also what do people think of pro channel in sonar producer x1? I use the compressor on that and it works ok for bringing a track up in the mix but doesnt seem to work great at taming peaks, also whats peoples opinion on the plugins supplied with producer x1, I really love the percussion strip plug.

The Ren bundle is a sweet bundle.

Personally though, if you can swing the extra couple hundred I would shoot and go with the Gold bundle.

I want to buy a house so I can take out a second mortgage on it for the Waves Mercury Bundle :D

And go to a luxury car dealership to ask for "that car that looks like a Chrysler 300"

The Waves Gold Bundle is still on their website for $600 as the "Gold Certification Program."
Comes with full Gold Bundle license, physical discs and Tutorial Course as I understand it.

I haven't purchased any mixing / mastering type software yet to go with my ProTools,
so I went ahead and ordered it. I figure at that price I am getting good "bang for the buck,"
along with some useful educational materials from the manufacturer...

I'd definitely snag the API collection right now during their March Madness sale...I really like their Eddie Kramer plugins too. The REDD plugins for $149 right now look pretty sweet too.

Back