Voice recording problems

MingoMango

Hi, first of im new to everythign with audio related and will probably sound lika a dumbass.

Anyways i bought an audio interface, xlr cable and a mic. My problem is it seems the sound of my mic is not "making it" all the way to the pc. I can see on the audio interface that it picks up the mic sound.
Also my output from my audio interface into my headphones works fine.

Anyone know how to fix the problem of my pc not "detecting" any sound from my audio interface?

When i set my input on my pc i have the interface selected.
I think i tried the most normal things, i have my driver for the interface installed.

My interface: Behringer U-Phoria UMC22
My mic AKG P120

Any help and tip is appriciated, and rember im clueless so try to have that in mind if u awnser!

Howdy MingoMango :D

You have a condenser mic which requires the Phantom Power supplied by your UMC-22 so first, make sure you have the Phantom Power switched on from rear panel (it's the +48V switch). Then if you want to monitor from the UMC-22, push the Direct Monitor button in.

Are you using a DAW to record the mic? What do the level meters in your PC's DAW read as you're speaking or singing into your mic? Are the meters registering about halfway, or hovering nearer the bottom?

Sometimes this can just be a simple interface or DAW setting problem, then again you may need to adjust sound settings in your PC.. or both. Sometimes...

Why I remember once... it was just before the War.. you know, the BIG one.. WWI.. well, me and.. :p

Last edited:
Be sure to go into your Windows settings and set the INPUT DEVICE to your U-Phoria. If you plan to play back through the UMC22, set the OUTPUT DEVICE as well. Its probably defaulted to your internal sound devices (usually Realtek, etc.)

The interface is taking the place of the sound devices already in your computer.

Phantom power is not the problem!
Im using Pro tools as my DAW, they are about halfway.

For more info if i unplug my audio interface and mic and instead plug my headset into my pc and use the headset mic i can record and hear my voice in my DAW.
So i dont think its a DAW problem atleast.

Any tips on how to move froward?

This is not the problem, i have selected the UMC22 as both output and input.
Output works but i can see on the "soundmeter" that not input sound is beeing transfered form the audio interface into the pc.

Any suggestions on how to move forward?

Hi, first of im new to everythign with audio related and will probably sound lika a dumbass.

Anyways i bought an audio interface, xlr cable and a mic. My problem is it seems the sound of my mic is not "making it" all the way to the pc. I can see on the audio interface that it picks up the mic sound.
Also my output from my audio interface into my headphones works fine.

Anyone know how to fix the problem of my pc not "detecting" any sound from my audio interface?

When i set my input on my pc i have the interface selected.
I think i tried the most normal things, i have my driver for the interface installed.

My interface: Behringer U-Phoria UMC22
My mic AKG P120

Any help and tip is appriciated, and rember im clueless so try to have that in mind if u awnser!

Dont know if u can se my awnser (New to the forum)
Anyways the meters are about halfway.
If use my headset in my pc and dont use my audio interface i can record in my DAW (Pro tools) so probably not a daw problem.

Any more tips or suggestions?

If use my headset in my pc and dont use my audio interface i can record in my DAW (Pro tools) so probably not a daw problem.

It is most likely a setting up problem. I don't know how PT works, so someone else will have to help.

If you connect up the interface, and plug your headphones into the interface, can you hear anything? Either your voice as you try to record, or someting being played back?

It is most likely a setting up problem. I don't know how PT works, so someone else will have to help.

If you connect up the interface, and plug your headphones into the interface, can you hear anything? Either your voice as you try to record, or something being played back?

He said he can, back in reply #1. I suspect that the Behr is not selected as the audio input device in PT - the Windows settings for audio device selection are separate.

Dont know if u can se my awnser (New to the forum)
Anyways the meters are about halfway.

Any more tips or suggestions?

I think you have enough posts now you could include screenshots of your Windows sound settings (from Control Panel) and your DAW preferences/options/setup where the input/output device is specified. As already mentioned, this is in addition to setting it in the Windows sound configuration.

Back